Cannabis stocks have become increasingly popular as investors look for new opportunities in the sector. The global cannabis market is expected to reach $57 billion by 2027, with the United States and Canada accounting for the bulk of it. The industry is seeing new developments such as medical marijuana and recreational use that further increase its potential.
As the sector matures, it is expected to attract the attention of larger investors. This means there could be even more growth in cannabis stocks over the next few years.
With the cannabis market forecast to expand, there is sure to be a number of big players in the sector in 2023. Here is a look at the 10 biggest cannabis stocks to invest in:
1. Canopy Growth Corporation (CGC): Canopy Growth is one of the biggest cannabis companies in the world. It is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and has helped to drive the sector’s growth. Canopy provides investments, products, and services related to the cannabis industry.
2. Tilray Inc. (TLRY): Tilray is another major player in the cannabis sector. It has expanded into many markets and is now the second-largest cannabis company by market cap. Tilray produces a range of cannabis products like oils, capsules, and vapes.
3. Aurora Cannabis (ACB): Aurora Cannabis has made a name for itself as one of the leading producers of medical marijuana. It has operations in a number of countries and is well-positioned for international growth.
4. Cronos Group Inc. (CRON): Cronos Group is a Canadian cannabis company that owns several subsidiaries in the sector. It has seen consistent growth in its stock price and is well-positioned for long-term success.
5. Aphria Inc. (APHA): Aphria is an Ontario-based cannabis producer that has seen strong growth in recent years. The company has made investments in several smaller firms, positioning itself for potential growth in the future.
6. GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH): GW Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading producers and distributors of medical marijuana. The company has operations in the United States and other countries, helping to increase its reach.
7. Molson Coors Beverage Company (TAP): Molson Coors Beverage Company is a major beer producer that recently entered the cannabis sector. It has acquired a number of cannabis companies and is expected to continue its expansion.
8. OrganiGram Holdings Inc. (OGI): OrganiGram is a Canadian cannabis producer that has seen strong growth since it went public. It produces a variety of cannabis products and is well-positioned for growth in the sector.
9. HEXO Corp (HEXO): HEXO is one of the leading Canadian cannabis producers. It has been involved in multiple acquisitions to improve its position in the sector.
10. Curaleaf Holdings Inc. (CURLF): Curaleaf Holdings is one of the largest cannabis companies in the United States. It is involved in the production of cannabis, as well as the distribution of products.
These are just a few of the biggest cannabis stocks to watch in 2023. As the sector continues to develop, there could be even more growth for the top players. It is important to do your research and understand the sector before investing in any of these stocks.